[Dspace-general] Converting CD and DVD to digital formats

McCormick, Kathy mccormick at poststreetarchives.org
Wed Jun 7 10:57:27 EDT 2006

We have recently installed DSpace live at our small archives.  To date we
have only set up a photo collection   using .jpg and .tiff files but will
also need to add CDs and DVDs. What tools are being used to convert CDs and
DVDs to digital formats?   We want to stay with the formats that have a
support level of  'known' in DSpace.  There seems to be many tools
available.  I'm not sure what I should be looking for in choosing one over
another.  Any suggestions on tools or characteristics that I should be
looking for?

Thanks,
Kathy McCormick
Digital Archive Coordinator