[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Jama Poulsen jama at debianlinux.net
Tue Jul 11 04:41:23 EDT 2006

On Sat, Jul 08, 2006 at 07:13:04PM +0200, Jama Poulsen wrote: >   log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
> (org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager).
>   log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Fixed the problem. I got bitten by the tomcat security setting.

I've edited the wiki TechnicalFaq with:
  "Or if you are using Debian with Tomcat 5 you should edit /etc/init.d/tomcat5
  with TOMCAT5_SECURITY=no."

I could not find that setting in my "/etc/tomcat5/" at install time,
then forgot all about it. Perhaps a runtime check is possible, (since
the resulting erros can be cryptic)?

Something else. Has anyone worked with DjVu files and DSpace?

  Some DjVu links:
  - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DjVu
  - http://djvulibre.djvuzone.org
    http://www.djvuzone.org/links/ (example archives)
  - http://www.djvuzone.org
  - http://any2djvu.djvuzone.org/
  - http://www.archive.org/details/newrock

If not I'd like to discuss this anyway :-)

regards,

Jama Poulsen