[Dspace-general] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.

Jama Poulsen jama at debianlinux.net
Sat Jul 8 08:30:12 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to setup DSpace (recent cvs co) with Tomcat on Apache.

The two dspace .war files are registered ok, but when I try to go to
$myserver/dspace I get this error:

  log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager).

This error message lead me to this discussion (dated 2005-04-28):
http://www.google.nl/search?q=log4j%3AWARN+No+appenders+could+be+found+for+logger+(org.dspace.storage.rdbms.DatabaseManager)&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial

I hope I don't need to patch the base code. Perhaps this a misconfiguration
on my part somewhere?

Thanks,

Jama Poulsen