[Dspace-general] The Institutional Repository

Richard Jones richard.jones at ub.uib.no
Thu Jan 12 11:20:07 EST 2006

Hi Folks,

Apologies for cross posting.

I just wanted to proudly announce the publication of a book that I have
co-authored with Theo Andrew and John MacColl of Edinburgh University
Library entitled "The Institutional Repository".  The publisher's site
can be found here:

http://www.chandospublishing.com/catalogue/record_detail.php?recordID=76

And we have archived chapters 1 and 7 (Introduction and Case Study) in
the Edinburgh Research Archive:

http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/handle/1842/858
http://www.era.lib.ed.ac.uk/handle/1842/859

I would like, also, to thank a number of people from the DSpace
community who have helped us out on this:

MacKenzie Smith: MacKenzie contributed the excellent package profile on
DSpace which appears in the Appendices to the book alongside profiles
from other major IR systems such as EPrints.org.

Jim Downing: Jim very kindly acted as a reviewer for my chapter covering
some technical issues with repositories, and his comments were totally
invaluable.

William Nixon and Morag Greig: William and Morag, from Glasgow
University Library, acted as reviewers for my chapter covering workflow
and administration issues for IRs.  Again, without their comments this
chapter would not have taken shape.

I hope, if you do take a look at it, that you enjoy it and find it
useful.

Cheers,

--
Richard