[Dspace-general] Windows Operating System for Institutional Repository...

Kargbo, Peter Peter.Kargbo at wlv.ac.uk
Wed Jan 4 08:19:17 EST 2006

Hi,

Does anyone know of an institution(s) or had experience of using Windows as a platform for their institutional respository?   We are thinking of creating a repository for learning objects, corporate records, and research output and there is a strong preference for using a Windows based rather than a UNIX based platform for the proposed IR.

We're particularly interested in the pros and cons of using Windows for this type of project.  Also appreciate any other OS you can recommend.

Thanks for your help

Peter

Peter Kargbo
Resources Librarian (Inspire Project)