[Dspace-general] [Dspace-tech] too many open files

Mark Diggory mdiggory at MIT.EDU
Tue Dec 5 15:47:19 EST 2006

Jose,

This may have much more to do with the number of available inodes on
that disk than on the search or filter media, you might do something
like "df -i" and post its result to this thread.

-Mark

On Dec 5, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Jose Blanco wrote:

> Mark:
>

> Thanks for answering this question.
>

> We run index-all nightly, and when I go to the in <dspace>/search
> dir this is what I see:
>

> -bash-3.00$ pwd
>
> /l1/dspace/repository/prod/search
>
> -bash-3.00$ ls -la
>
> total 2102880
>
> drwxr-xr-x   2 dspace dspace       4096 Dec  5 06:07 .
>
> drwxr-xr-x  13 dspace dspace       4096 Dec  1 10:52 ..
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 dspace dspace          4 Dec  5 06:07 deletable
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 dspace dspace 2151226568 Dec  5 06:07 _s12.cfs
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 dspace dspace         29 Dec  5 06:07 segments
>

> Does this look OK to you?
>

> Thanks!!

Mark R. Diggory