[Dspace-general] too many open files

Jose Blanco blancoj at umich.edu
Tue Dec 5 14:43:57 EST 2006

A day ago I posted that we were getting "too many files open" error and I
found this thread today discussing it:

<http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=39921&max_rows=25&sty
le=flat&viewmonth=200408> &max_rows=25&style=flat&viewmonth=200408

I'm a bit confused as to what I need to do.  I have version 1.4 of DSpace,
I'm not sure what version of Lucene I have.  Can some one tell me how I can
find that out?  Do I need to get the latest version of Lucene and run
./filter-media with a -f switch to force all items to be re-indexed to
create compound files and get rid of this error?

Thanks!

Jose