[Dspace-general] Does anyone know which archives use Dspace to preserve their electronic documents?

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 3 15:24:29 EDT 2005

Hi,

I think that most institutions running DSpace are planning to preserve the
contents as much as possible, and that is certainly what the system was
designed to help with.
To see who is using it look here http://wiki.dspace.org/DspaceInstances.
They are mainly research libraries, but there are some archives, museums,
research institutes, and other types of organizations using it too.
Registration is not mandatory so there may be other archives out there who
are experimenting with it or developing a digital archive service but who
haven't 'gone public'.

At MIT, the archives are part of the libraries and they are heavily
involved in our DSpace at MIT service and in local policy development. I
think that's probably true at other universities too, so the distinction
you make between libraries and archives around digital archiving systems
like DSpace may not be very meaningful in the long run...

MacKenzie

At 12:44 AM 10/4/2005 +0800, wenhsi chang wrote:
>Hello everyone,
>
>Does anyone know which archives use Dspace to preserve
>their electronic documents? Are most users of Dspace
>those academic libraries or university libraries? I
>work for an Archives, so I would like to know if any
>example I can learn.
>
>Thanks.
>
>Wen-Hsi Chang

MacKenzie Smith