[Dspace-general] Multiple instances of DSpace?

bryce benton brycebenton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 11:26:38 EST 2005

Thanks for your responses, Richard and Cody.

The main gotcha was that I neglected to explicitly declare the path to
my new dspace.cfg file in the ant fresh_install command, and thus I
was creating hybrid instances of DSpace with new *.war files, but with
the same configuration as the original instance. I managed to hunt
down the configuration in WEB-INF/web.xml and change it manually,
though.

For testing new/modified versions of DSpace it makes sense to run
parallel instances. However, for creating new (perhaps private)
repositories I think it makes more sense to work with the group
permissions within DSpace and create limited-access communities and/or
collections.

--bryce