[Dspace-general] Community submission procedures question

Louise Ratliff lratliff at library.ucla.edu
Mon May 9 10:26:22 EDT 2005

Hello and happy Monday,

I have some general questions about the procedures your communities use
for submitting objects to DSpace.  First, who has the rights to submit
papers or other digital objects?  Does each community have an "editor"
who does the actual submission? How many people have submission rights
and who are they?

At UCLA we have just submitted our first digital learning object to our
eLearning test collection, and we are thinking about how to manage the
submission process once objects are created by other librarians.  Not
that they will be breaking down our doors with lots of objects, but we
do want to develop and have in place a simple submission process.

Any advice and ideas would be appreciated.

-Louise