[Dspace-general] creating web presentations using dspace content

Don Gourley gourley at wrlc.org
Wed May 4 11:51:28 EDT 2005

Several years ago I developed a (very) primitive viewer
for multi-page images in our Greenstone collections.  It
depends on file naming conventions to determine hierarchy
and order.

I am currently designing a replacement that will get the
images out of DSpace instead of directly off a web server.
It doesn't look to me like there is a straightforward and
natural place in DSpace to encode the necessary structural
metadata.  My current plan is to generate a DIDL description
of the structure and ingest that as a bitstream, then pass
that bitstream to the image viewer.

But I would be very interested if I have overlooked anything
already in DSpace that I could use for this...maybe some
combination of bitstream metadata and bundle assignment?

-Don Gourley