[Dspace-general] Depositor requests for open-ended or ambiguous access restrictions?

Jim Ottaviani jim.ottaviani at umich.edu
Fri Mar 11 10:57:01 EST 2005

Hello all,

As we try to create some guidelines and policies for our pilot project
here at the University of Michigan, we'd like to know what types of
requests other institutions get for access restrictions on deposited
items.

Specifically, do people ever request limited access to their bitstreams
for either open-ended periods (e.g. "Until I notify you.") or ambiguous
periods (e.g. "Until everyone in the study has given their consent.")?

And if that happens, a) is it a frequent request, and b) how do you
handle it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jim

Jim Ottaviani