[Dspace-general] Full text searching under 1.2.1 how-to

John Preston john.preston at uwimona.edu.jm
Mon Jul 18 21:49:39 EDT 2005

Hi, I'm using DSpace 1.2.1 and want to get full text searching so I can
search the contents of documents that I submit to the collection. Is
there some special configuration that I must do.

I try and search using both the simple and advanced search pages and I
get no matches against text that I know are inside the documents. I have
run /dspace/bin/index-all and it said it was creating some full text
content but I don't know how to enable it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John
--
John Preston                                    Tel: (876) 927-1777
International Centre for Environmental          Fax: (876) 977-9768
Mona Road, Kingston 7, JAMAICA. Email: john.preston at uwimona.edu.jm