[Dspace-general] ETDs and Communities in DSpace

Susan Wells Parham susan.parham at library.gatech.edu
Fri Jul 15 09:41:18 EDT 2005

We place all of our ETDs in one community: Georgia Tech Theses and
Dissertations.  We then map them (easy to do, as Marty says) to each
school.  A mapped item can be found in either collection, and either
collection can be accessed from a particular item.

http://smartech.gatech.edu:8282/dspace/handle/1853/4760

In addition, we have modified the contributor element, adding
contributor.department.  This way, the department will also show up in a
browse author list from the original ETD collection.  It makes mapping even
easier.

Here is the browse list:
http://smartech.gatech.edu:8282/dspace/handle/1853/4760//browse-author

You'll notice
<http://smartech.gatech.edu:8282/dspace/handle/1853/3739/items-by-author?author=Aerospace+Engineering>Aerospace
Engineering as an author, which will take you to all of the Aerospace
Engineering ETDs.

Susan Wells Parham
Digital Initiatives Librarian
Georgia Tech Library & Information Center
Atlanta, Georgia 30332-0900
404-894-4522
susan.parham at library.gatech.edu