[Dspace-general] Ability to replace existing items

Petsche, Kevin F kpetsche at iupui.edu
Mon Jan 24 14:12:23 EST 2005

Hi,

I was just reading through Beatrix's post and MacKenzie's reply about
replacing an already submitted item (and thus maintaining its handle).
Am I to conclude that the only way to do this, then, is through the
import process?

This is a significant need, I believe, if DSpace is to become a
functioning repository for reusable learning objects RLO's).  We're
getting ready to engage a few communities here about this, but it seems
that these RLO's are too dynamic (i.e. they're constantly being updated
by their creators) to expect communities to go through the full
submission process each time they make an update.

Also, where is there documentation about the import process?

Thanks,

Kevin Petsche

Electronic Journals Collection Manager

IUPUI University Library