[Dspace-general] Institutional Repositories Program-ALA 2005

Nelson, Rose Nelson_R at cde.state.co.us
Wed Feb 16 13:50:44 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm hoping that some of you on the Dspace list will be able to join us
for this program.

The Emerging Technologies Interest Group of LITA is sponsoring a program
on policies and practices of institutional repositories for ALA 2005.
The program will be on Monday, June 27, 2005 from 8:30-11:00; the ETIG
business meeting will follow.  Location: TBA.

This program will explore policies and practices related to
institutional repositories (IR).  We will begin the session with a
definition and introduction of IR's.  Next, we will look at how policies
and practices shape IR's by examining copyright issues, collection
development policies for IR's, and best practices or lessons learned in
implementing an IR.  Panel speakers include:

Marcy Rosenkrantz, Director of Library Systems from Cornell University;
Robert McDonald, Assistant Director of Libraries, from Florida State
University;
Susan Gibbons, Assistant Dean for Public Services from the University of
Rochester;
Catherine Jannik, Digital Initiatives Manager from Georgia Institute of
Technology;
Sandra Kerbel, Director of Public Services for the Library from the
University of Pennsylvania;
and Rose Nelson, Library Technology Consultant from the Colorado State
Library will facilitate the panel discussion.

Feel free to pass this message on to other colleagues.

Thanks,

Rose

Rose Nelson
Technology Consultant