[Dspace-general] Implementation questions

Jörn Nettingsmeier pol-admin at uni-duisburg.de
Tue Sep 28 16:03:22 EDT 2004

Scott P. Muir wrote:
> We are in the early stages of testing DSpace to see how well it will
> work in our environment:  The person working with it has two questions.
> These answers may be out there on some site, but she has not found them
> yet.  Your assistance is appreciated.
>
> 1. Is there any documentation or detailed instructions available on how
> to batch load records into a database
> 2, Is there any document  showing what Java programs (or other) need to
> be written to authenticate the users

since no-one has answered yet, you should probably re-post on the
technical list. i vaguely recall those topics being discussed
before, so you may also want to search the archive first...
you should also state how you want to authenticate your users. ldap?

--
"Some universities are dead set against giving [software code] away.
But I don't think universities should be in the moneymaking

Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft
Universität Duisburg-Essen, Campus Duisburg
Tel.: 0203/379-1419, Fax: 0203/379-2318