[Fwd: [Dspace-general] Access 2004: Beyond Buzzwords]

Rea Devakos rea.devakos at utoronto.ca
Fri Sep 10 12:31:51 EDT 2004

Hi Jack

There are a few DSpace presentations etc. at or near Access:

1.a pre-conference session: I've cut and paste the announcement that
arrived in my email this morning below.  Some of the presenters are from
DSpace installations.

2. a Birds of the Feather session on Friday  4:15 pm - 5:00 pm (I don't
think this has been announced yet.)

3. Hackfest projects are also a tradition at Access:

    http://library.acadiau.ca/access2004/hackfest.html

I know of at least 2 DSpace related projects that are being submitted
and I suspect there may be others. You are also free to submit a project.

Pre-conference:

    Institutional Repositories: The Future is Now!

    ACCESS 2004 Pre-conference Workshop
    http://library.acadiau.ca/access2004/preconference.html

    Wednesday, October 13, 2004
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

    The Final Programme for the CARL Institutional Repositories Workshop
    is now available on the CARL website www.carl-abrc.ca
    <http://www.carl-abrc.ca>

    Speakers include:

    Marcus Bornfreund, Lead Developer of the Canadian Edition of the
    Creative Commons License

    Mark Jordan, Acting Coordinator of Library Systems, W.A.C. Bennett
    Library, Simon Fraser University and Manager of the CARL
    Institutional Repository Harvester

    Mark Leggott, University Librarian, University of Winnipeg

    Robert Tansley, Researcher in the Digital Media Systems Laboratory
    with a principal focus on the long-term preservation of digital
    content, and Hewlett Packard's Lead Developer on the DSpace Project

    Mary Westell, Assistant Director, Information Technology Services,
    University of Calgary

    And others...

    * Important Reminder...The Access 2004 room rates at the Delta
    Halifax will only be available until September 13, 2004.

    Reservations can be made by calling (902) 492-6471 or (888)
    423-3582, or by fax at (902) 492-6467.
    When booking your room, please mention that you are part of Access
    2004 in order to receive the conference rate.

The cost is $75 Cdn.