[Dspace-general] Community "home page" not showing up...

wally grotophorst wallyg at gmu.edu
Wed May 19 15:30:02 EDT 2004

Installed 1.2 beta release 2 yesterday and its working very well (as far
as I can tell) with one exception:

On the system's homepage (.../dspace/index.jsp) I see my community
listed (as a clickable link). When I click it, i get a "page not found"
error.  Using Tomcat (no apache).

the address of the missing doc is:
http://myserver.name.edu:8080/dspace/handle/123456789/3

If I go in via the admin interface, I can call up the "record" for that
community & edit it (so it's clearly in the database somplace)...has the
1223456789/3 identifier.  I  have 5 or 6 items in the collections
database associated with this community & those all behave as expected.

Any suggestions on what I can do to troubleshoot and/or fix this?  Might
there be a corrupt index or something?  I'm new to DSpace but the
install went very smoothly (SuSE 9 x86_64 and Apple RAID storage).

Any help appreciated.

-- wally

wally grotophorst
library systems office