[Dspace-general] servlet.jar

Kotra, Subrahmanyam V. subrahmanyam-v.kotra at hp.com
Tue Mar 23 02:30:57 EST 2004

Hello Francis Brouns
For me also the following message in catalina.out: Starting service Tomcat-Standalone Apache Tomcat/4.1.24 WebappClassLoader: validateJarFile(/opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/dspace-oai/WEB-INF/lib/servl et.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class WebappClassLoader: validateJarFile(/opt/jakarta/tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/servlet.jar ) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class Apparently servlet.jar is not loaded. We installed Dspace 1.1.1. on Suse 8, following the guidelines for a Tomcat Standalone installation. Tomcat version is 4.1.24. servlet.jar is present in the Dspace WEB-INF directory.
 How can we correct this?

Kind regards,
Subra