[Dspace-general] co-author's permission

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Fri Jun 11 08:46:02 EDT 2004

Hi Rea,

I know you're hoping for comments from institutions besides MIT, but I feel
compelled to answer anyway :-)
The submission license we use (which is the DSpace default) states that the
submitter/author has received permission from co-authors as necessary, or
the actual copyright holder if the author has given it away to a publisher.
I think letting disciplines follow their local practices makes perfect
sense, unless you're getting challenged by a co-author? It sounds pretty
unlikely that anyone would object to this practice...

MacKenzie