[Dspace-general] fundraising, costing and launch

Michele Huston Michele.Huston at anu.edu.au
Mon Jan 12 18:04:12 EST 2004

Dear Rea,

I too am interested in gathering ideas for launching the DSpace service at ANU, although we are some months away.

Our current thinking is not a simgle central launch but a campus roadshow based on a set of exemplars.  We are preparing a number of demonstrators using the file formats tiff, wav, pdf and  XML and perhaps video as well.  We will then develop a presentation based on these exemplars and deliver it at Faculty and departmental meetings. We will prepare a print handout of some kind as well, perhaps a bookmark, to remind them of the URL.

We have three year funding for our DSpace implementation and have no plans to charge for the service at this stage. We will need to prepare a business plan for sustainability of the service as part of the project  but it is early days for us.

Interest to hear what others are planning.

Cheers

Michele

Hi everyone

We're looking for the experience of others re:

    1. fundraising
    2. costing
    3. planing a service launch.

for local DSpace installations.

MIT has kindly made some information available, but I was hoping to
gather some information from other institutions as well.

many thanks

Rea

--
Rea Devakos