[Dspace-general] Internal error on Advanced/Item Wildcard Policy Admin Tool

JULIEN ACROUTE-DIT-VAMPOUILLE Acroute-Dit-Vampouil at etudiant.univ-lille1.fr
Wed Feb 18 11:21:03 EST 2004

Hello,

I work for a french university, I have installed DSpace succesfully.
I begin to transalate all the jsp with a Strings.java class. I think
the error is not linked with my modification.

The error :

In the admin interface, choose the Authorization menu on the left and
then click on the Advanced/Item Wildcard Policy Admin Tool button.

Make no selection and click the Add policy button.

-> oops Internal error (NullPointerException)

the NullPointerException appear in PolicySet.java line 179 :

       ItemIterator i = collection.getItems();

I think collection == null
because I make no selection in the "Advanced/Item Wildcard Policy
Admin Tool" page.

I known that the request without collection selected have no sense,
but user can do it.

So I want to known if I'm right and what devellopers think about this
error.