[Dspace-general] Problems with dspace-oai 1.2 in dspace 1.1

Louis Feng lfeng79 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 02:45:42 EST 2004

Hi,
We have been developing on dspace 1.1  and needs to use the dspace OAI
provider to work with NSDL. I didn't see an option to build dspace-oai
in the build.xml file of dspace 1.1. I downloaded dspace 1.2 and was
able to build the dspace-oai.war file. However I could not get it
working with our dspace 1.1 installation. Tomcat would not start if I
put it in the web-app directory.

To eliminate some possible problems, I wonder if anyone knows whether
dspace-oai in version 1.2 is compatible with version 1.1? If not does
dspace 1.1 include dspace-oai, and how can I compile/build it? Do we
have to upgrade to 1.2 to use the OAI feature? Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Louis