[Dspace-general] Re: [Dspace-tech] Google and single Item

Boon Low boon.low at ed.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 05:30:29 EDT 2004

Hi Daniella,

This is because the item pages are generated dynamically from the
repository. Google only indexed static pages on the web. In order for
Google to find the items, you may either need to provide a static page
to all the items.. e.g. providing (submit to Google) a webpage
containing hard coded URLs for all single items pages.. I don't think
Google is that intelligent to find the item pages via the DSpace
front-end.. (requires automatic search of all possible items and

Boon

-----
Boon Low
Digital Library Division