[Dspace-general] Cornell to Distribute Open Source E-Publishing System

Marcy Rosenkrantz mr41 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 26 08:10:24 EDT 2004

We thought the community of DSpace users might be interested in this press
release concerning DPubS, the Cornell Library-developed publication
management system.  My apologies if you have also received this press
release from another source.
Marcy Rosenkrantz

>----------
>
>For Release: August 24, 2004
>
>Contact:  Sarah E. Thomas, Cornell University Librarian,
><set9 at cornell.edu>, (607) 255-3689; or
>Thomas Hickerson, Assoc. Univ. Librarian for Information Technologies and
>Special Collections, <hth2 at cornell.edu>, (607) 255-9965
>

>Cornell Library to Distribute its Open Source Electronic Publishing System
>

>Ithaca, NY -- Cornell University Library is developing an open source
>publication management system that will provide authors and publishers
>with a more affordable way to publish scholarly research on the Web. In
>making its DPubS software available to libraries, university presses, and
>other independent publishers, Cornell will expand opportunities for
>creative communication among scholars around the world.
>
>Cornell has received a $670,000 grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
>to enhance and extend its innovative electronic publishing software called
>DPubS (Digital Publishing System). "DPubS will offer libraries, university
>presses, and others the capability to publish open access or
>subscription-based journals more cost effectively. It should be a terrific
>catalyst for change in scholarly publishing," said Sarah Thomas, Cornell
>University Librarian.
>
>Detailed News Release attached, or go to:
>http://alumni.library.cornell.edu/news/news_story.cfm?id=48

Marcy E. Rosenkrantz
Director, Library Systems
Cornell University Library