[Dspace-general] Non-academic DSpace Users

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 25 21:35:01 EDT 2004

Hi Courtney,

While I can completely understand your desire to see such a list, we don't
track this information today.
There is a voluntary registration on the dspace.org website which some
institutions have taken the trouble to do,
but we haven't promoted it much so it's very incomplete. I can tell you
anecdotally that there are tons of non-profits
using it (since that would include every college, university, and most
research organizations), but no museums
that I'm aware of.

As for software, I don't know of anyone doing that now, and I'd be a bit
surprised to find one since
DSpace is meant to be a long-term preservation archive and preserving
executable code is still very much a research
problem. However it *could* be used for that sort of thing, and we will
soon be archiving applets as part of course
websites, which is sort of the same thing...

MacKenzie