[Dspace-general] [OT] html postings [was: New DSpace SIG listservs are ready to go]

Jörn Nettingsmeier pol-admin at uni-duisburg.de
Mon Aug 9 06:27:53 EDT 2004

MacKenzie Smith wrote:
> Sorry about that font for your name Pat, I pasted that from an old email
> of yours and it wasn't meant to imply anything :-)

which goes to show, once again, the nameless evil of html email.
/me runs ;)

seriously, i would like to see html and "enriched" postings banned from
the mailing list.

i run a couple lists myself and all have a strict no-html policy, which
makes for very efficient spam filters, keeps the load on the servers
down and has the nice side effect that people have to know how to
configure their mailers before they can post (the downside being me
mailing out 5-10 outlook howtos per week to users who write to the admin
address and wonder why their postings don't show :)

--
Jörn Nettingsmeier, EDV-Administrator
Institut für Politikwissenschaft