[Dspace-general] storage quotas

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Thu Apr 29 18:23:24 EDT 2004

Hi Rea,

If you aren't hearing from many folks on this, I think it's because as far
as I can tell, very few institutions are taking the quota approach at this
stage of their institutional repository development. It's really only
necessary if demand for the service is outpacing the amount of storage
available, and that can take awhile. We're in the process here of acquiring
new storage for our DSpace (~10Tb) and will revisit our own quotas, but the
only material that's ever challenged us is digital audio and video, or very
large legacy collections. Everything else has been quite manageable (so far!).

MacKenzie

At 04:11 PM 4/22/2004 -0400, Rea Devakos wrote:
>We are revisiting our storage quotas.  I'd like to hear what storage
>quotas people have set for their communities, and more importantly, how
>they arrived at the figure.
>
>thanks
>rea
>
>--