[Dspace-general] Nothing showing up in Authorization Tool

STUVE,DAVID (HP-Corvallis,ex1) david.stuve at hp.com
Mon Sep 29 15:41:55 EDT 2003

Hi Mark,

This sounds like a problem that DSpace 1.1 had with creating policy entries
that were NULLs (no value in the database table), especially when people
would select "create policy" and then hit the browser's back button.  The
problem is tough to diagnose because for some reason those errors are
quietly swallowed, generating no log entry and no error page - simply a
blank screen.

1) Are you running DSpace 1.1 or 1.1.1?  If 1.1, an upgrade will help.
2) If upgrading doesn't help, the next easy answer is to use psql or another
Postgres tool and delete the null rows from the policy table.
3) The problem has never made it past #1 and #2.  :-)  But if you're the
lucky first one, we can help more.

Dave

David Stuve / HP Labs Corvallis / David.Stuve at hp.com / 541-715-4106