[Dspace-general] Theses in DSpace

Theo Andrew Theo.Andrew at ed.ac.uk
Wed Sep 17 11:16:38 EDT 2003

Hello All,

This discussion is extremely timely as we (the Theses Alive! team) are currently
investigating metadata schemas for ETDs. It seems we are taking the same
approach as Margret in that we are "exploring alternatives and seeing what
others are using before making a decision". It would be extremely useful if we
could all together reach a consensus on what to use.

So far we have compared the DSPace default DC with the ETD-MS schema and the TDM
DTD and come up with a proposed list that we are thinking of using. If you are
interested you can visit our web site and see our Proposed Submission Fields and
Related Metadata Elements:

http://www.thesesalive.ac.uk/archive/SchemaComparison.html

or have a look at a compiled list of the main DTDs for ETDs available;

http://www.thesesalive.ac.uk/archive/MetadataSchemas.html

We would welcome feedback on our proposed list!

Kind regards

Theo

Dr. Theo Andrew        *
Project Officer for    *  Tel: 0131 651 1612
Theses Alive! & SHERPA *  Fax: 0131 650 3380
Edinburgh University   *
Main Library           *  http://www.thesesalive.ac.uk
George Square          *  http://www.sherpa.ac.uk
Edinburgh EH8 9LJ      *