[Dspace-general] DSpace user group meeting in March 2004

MacKenzie Smith kenzie at MIT.EDU
Fri Dec 5 18:37:07 EST 2003

Greetings all,

This is an advance notice that on March 10 and 11th, 2004, the MIT
Libraries will host an open invitation DSpace user group meeting on
the MIT campus. In early January we will set up a registration page
on the DSpace Federation website at http://dspace.org/ with the
logistics, and send out a call for presentations.

The DSpace software has just turned 1, and its use by institutions
world-wide continues to grow, and to move from experimental and
pilot projects into production institutional repository services.
Users of the software have asked us for an opportunity to get together
and hear about what's going on at MIT and HP, and at other institutions
that are using and improving the system. We would also like to use
this opportunity to get input from the greater community of DSpace
users about the Federation and how they would like it to be shaped
to meet their needs.

The format will be two days, including presentations from other projects
and organizations who want to communicate or collaborate with the
DSpace Federation, as well as DSpace users who have interesting
ideas to communicate to their peers about the system and its uses.
We will reserve the last half day for discussion of the future of the
DSpace Federation. Note that this will *not* be a how-to workshop
on DSpace -- there will be other opportunities for that in the coming
year.

Stay tuned for more information in the near future, and we hope to
see you in March!

MacKenzie Smith
Associate Director for Technology
MIT Libraries