[Dspace-general] hiding communities or collections

Tansley, Robert robert.tansley at hp.com
Tue Dec 2 17:10:42 EST 2003

> we plan to use Dspace for our organisation. The intention is
> to create communities and collections that are publicly
> available, but also several that are restricted to internal
> use. This is a mixed model. For example we have a community
> for which most collections are available to the public but
> one or two are intended for internal use. We can prevent
> unregistered users from submitting items to these
> collections. However, we would like to hide them at all from
> unregistered users. Is this possible?

Hello,

This isn't possible at present.  The authorisation system in DSpace does let you specify READ permission for communities and collections but at the moment the UI will display all communities and collections regardless.  However, the code changes to hide communities and collections wouldn't be that great.

 Robert Tansley / Hewlett-Packard Laboratories / (+1) 617 551 7624