[Crosstalk] Maplesoft Math Seminar Feb-13th

James Cain jrcain at MIT.EDU
Mon Feb 5 13:47:24 EST 2007

Maple Visit & Seminars at MIT – Feb. 13

Maplesoft will be in Boston in February for the International
Conference on Technology in Collegiate Math (ICTCM).  We would like
to invite our important customers at MIT to 2 free Training
seminars.  The first 25 MIT Faculty to register and attend these
sessions will receive a Free Gift.

Morning Session - February 13th, 2007     -     Time: 10:00am –
12:00pm, Room # 5-234

New Features in Maple 11. Dr. Robert Lopez will present the new
features in Maple 11 including the 'Smart Document' environment, the
graphing features & more connectivity with other products, such as
MatLab & Excel and:
·         Customizable Palettes

·         Slide Show mode for your worksheets

·         Self-documenting context menus

·         Enhanced 2-D Plotting

·        Enhanced numeric formatting

Afternoon Session - February 13th, 2007     -     1:00pm – 3:00pm,
Room # 1-242

Maple Connectivity & Engineering Solutions.  A Maple Engineer will
demonstrate the following Maple Engineering Tool Boxes:

·           New Maple Toolbox for MatLab (MTM) - The two best math
products in the world, working together  -A two-way link between
Maple and MATLAB, up to 50 times faster performance than the MATLAB
Extended Symbolic Math Toolbox”
·            DynaFlexPro for modeling and simulating the dynamics of
mechanical multibody systems. Facilitates the rapid creation of
system models using block diagrams & drop-down menus.
·           BlockBuilder™ for Simulink™ - A “First Principles”
mathematical modeling environment that offers automated export to
Simulink.

We will also touch on Maple Net for interactive online math
assignments over the web and Maple T.A. 3.0, our online Testing &
Assessment Tool for drill, practice, testing and our new Placement
Test Suite/PTS in partnership with the Mathematical Association of
America.

To register for either seminar, please contact Kari Zehr, Events and
Sponsorship Coordinator,
Maplesoft   kzehr at maplesoft.com   T 519.747.1278 x328   Toll Free
800.267.6583 x 328 or call Ted Shapiro, x.309 with any questions.

James R Cain
Educational Technology Consulting
Office of Educational Innovation and Technology, DUE MIT
245 Massachusetts Avenue, N42-250J
Cambridge, MA 02139

617.253.3909