[Crib-list] SPEAKER: Jeremy Kepner (MIT - Lincoln Lab) | Computational Research in Boston and Beyond Seminar (CRIBB) | Friday, February 8, 2019 | TIME: 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM in Building 32, Room 141 (STATA) (fwd)

daisymae@mit.edu daisymae at mit.edu
Wed Feb 6 14:56:08 EST 2019

DATE:		Friday, February 8, 2019

TIME:		12:00 PM to 1:00 PM

LOCATION:	Building 32, Room 141  (STATA)
 		    32 Vassar Street
 		    Cambridge, MA

 		  (Pizza/beverages will be provided at 11:45 AM outside
 		   Room 32-141)

TITLE:		New Phenomena in Large-Scale Internet Traffic

SPEAKER:	Jeremy Kepner  (MIT - Lincoln Lab)

ABSTRACT:

The Internet is transforming our society, necessitating a quantitative
understanding of Internet traffic.  Our team collects and curates the largest
publicly available Internet traffic data containing 50 billion packets.
Analysis of this streaming data using 10,000 processors in the MIT SuperCloud
reveals a variety of new phenomena.  New models of the traffic are developed
that show remarkable consistency across a wide range source/destination
statistics over collections that span years and continents.  The measured model
parameters distinguish different network streams and strongly correlate with
different underlying topologies.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA

For information about the Computational Research in Boston and Beyond Seminar
(CRIBB), please visit....

 			http://math.mit.edu/crib/

===

Shirley A. Entzminger