[Crib-list] IEEE HPEC: Big Data, Rebooting Computing, Apache Spark, GPUs, FPGAs, Health Sciences, ... and more (fwd)

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Fri Aug 28 14:07:33 EDT 2015

FYI...

LLGrid Colleagues,
  I encourage you register now for IEEE HPEC (ieee-hpec.org).  We have a fantastic agenda that includes:

Keynote Speakers on:
- Performance Engineering (Prof. Leiserson, MIT)
- Exascale Computing (Dr. Nichols, Oak Ridge)

Invited talks on:
- IEEE Rebooting Computing Initiative (Prof. Tom Conte, Georga Tech)
- Apache Spark (Prof. Zaharia, MIT)
- Photonically-Optimized Graph Processors (Dr. Jag Shah, IDA)
- Internet-of-Things Security (Prof. Skjellum, Auburn)

Special sessions on:
- Intel Science & Technology Center for Big Data (the latest innovation
from 2015 Turing Award winner MIT Prof. Stonebraker)
- Bioinformatics & High Performance Computing
- GPU and Manycore programmming

Tutorials on:
- Big Data Math
- FPGA Programming