[Crib-list] Harvard SEAS ComputeFest 2013 Opens for Registration

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Thu Jan 3 12:23:44 EST 2013

Dear CRIBB Colleagues,

Harvard SEAS ComputeFest 2013, now in its 3rd year and bigger than ever before,
has opened registration.  We'd like to invite you to look at our 9 days of free
events, running from Tuesday Jan 15 to Friday Jan 25 in the two weeks
immediately before the Spring Semester begins.

 		http://computefest.seas.harvard.edu

For the visually inclined, an "event-by-way-of-logos" image is below.

Sessions are being led by experts from within Harvard (SEAS, IQSS, FAS-RC), and
outside (Mathworks, Amazon, PSC, UCSD, TACC).  There is also a student
computational challenge and three symposia, the headline event being
"Computing at Exascle" on Friday Jan 25 that will feature world experts on high
performance computing and computational science.

Registration is only required for the Tuesday-Friday Jan 15-18 workshops, and
there is no cost for any events.  Preference will be given to any member of the
Harvard community, however individuals from outside of Harvard are also
welcome.  Workshops will cover Amazon AWS, Matlab, R, Python, Unix, MPI,
Visualization, and HPC.

Hope to see you in January!

Ian Stokes-Rees, PhD
SEAS Lecturer in Applied Computation