[Crib-list] SPEAKER: RAUL RADOVITZKY (MIT) -- Computational Research in Boston Seminar -- Friday, May 1, 2009 -- TIME: 12:30 PM in Room 32-144

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Tue Apr 28 17:42:49 EDT 2009

			COMPUTATIONAL RESEARCH in BOSTON SEMINAR

DATE:		Friday, MAY 1, 2009
TIME:		12:30 PM
LOCATION:	Building 32, Room 144  (Stata Center)

(Pizza and beverages will be provided at 12:15 PM outside Room 32-144)

TITLE:		Biofidelic Models and Large Scale Simulation
		for Blast Trauma Physics Assessment and Mitigation

SPEAKER:	RAUL RADOVITZKY (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)

ABSTRACT:

I will provide an overview of efforts at MIT to characterize the effects
of blast waves on the human brain.  Topics to be discussed include our
progress in developing biofidelic models of the human head, tissue
constitutive models applicable to blast loading conditions, coupled
simulations of blast-head interactions, model validation against physical
and animal models, biological indicators of the effect of pressure waves
on brain function; and the quantification of electromagnetic field
emissions resulting from the interaction of the blast wave and the human
head.

For more information, please visit...

			http://math.mit.edu/crib

Massachusetts Institute of Technology