[Crib-list] SPEAKERS: John F. Mucci and Judson Leonard (SiCORTEX) -- COMPUTATIONAL RESEARCH IN BOSTON SEMINAR -- Friday, April 6, 2007

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Wed Apr 4 18:50:19 EDT 2007

 		COMPUTATIONAL RESEARCH in BOSTON SEMINAR

DATE:		FRIDAY, APRIL 6, 2007
TIME:		12:30 PM
LOCATION:	Building 32, Room 141 (Stata Center)

Pizza and beverages will be provided around 12:15 PM.

Title:		EXPLORING A NEW, HIGH-DENSITY,
 		LOW-POWER HPC COMPUTER SYSTEM

Speaker:	JOHN F. MUCCI
 		President, CEO and co-founder
 		and
 		JUDSON LEONARD
 		Vice President, CTO and co-founder

 		SiCORTEX

ABSTRACT:

The dramatic ascendance of microprocessor-based Linux/MPI clusters in the High
Performance Computing (HPC) market during the last decade has been a paradigm
shift as profound as any in the history of this rapidly-evolving industry.

SiCortex, a venture funded startup based in Maynard, MA will discuss its
recently introduced high-density, low-power, high-node-count Linus systems.
For example, the SC5832 model is a system with 5,832 64 bit 1GFlop processors,
8TBytes of memory, 2Tbits/sec external I/O, on chip integrated interprocessor
fabric with ~1usec MPI latency and 500GB/sec of bisection bandwidth.
Interconnect topology is not one of the usual suspects but is a Kautz graph
which will be describe. All in an air cooled package about 4.5'x4.5'x6' and
using ~18Kw of electrical power!  We will discuss the architecture, technology,
packaging and challenges along the road to commercialization.

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA  02139

http://www-math.mit.edu/crib
For information on CRiB, contact: