[Crib-list] Friday, 11/03/2006 -- Computational Research in Boston Seminar (CRiB)

Shirley Entzminger daisymae at math.mit.edu
Mon Oct 30 18:14:53 EST 2006

 			COMPUTATIONAL RESEARCH in BOSTON SEMINAR

DATE:		Friday, NOVEMBER 3, 2006
TIME:		12:30 PM
LOCATION:	Building 32, Room 144 (Stata Center)

(Pizza, salad and beverages will be provided.)

Title:		SCALABLE GRAPH-THEORETICAL APPROACHES
 		TO BIOLOGICAL NETWORK ANALYSIS

Speaker:	NAGIZA F. SAMATOVA
 		Oak Ridge National Laboratory
 		(ORNL)

ABSTRACT:

Many biological objects are naturally represented as graphs.  Examples
include metabolic, signaling and regulatory pathways, protein interaction
networks, and chemical compound graphs.  The elucidation of genome-scale
structure-function relationships between these objects necessitates the
development of more efficient and effective methods for the comparison of
their underlying graphs.  We present scalable graph-theoretical approaches
to this problem including graph matching, maximum clique finding and
maximal clique enumeration.  Performance benchmarks on advanced hardware
architectures will be presented.  We will provide a number of examples
where these algorithms have been applied to address important biological
questions

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Cambridge, MA  02139
http://www-math.mit.edu/crib