[config-package-dev] config-package-dev moved to GitHub

Geoffrey Thomas geofft at ldpreload.com
Thu Oct 19 09:58:52 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've moved the config-package-dev repo to GitHub:

   https://github.com/sipb/config-package-dev

mostly because it's easier for non-MIT people to interact with than our
Git repository in AFS (served via non-encrypted git://), and because it
lets us use Travis CI + http://travis.debian.net to automatically run
autopkgtests on pull requests.

Feel free to report bugs or file pull requests on GitHub, or to continue
using the Debian bug tracker or this mailing list, as you prefer. I'll be
watching all three. New releases will go through GitHub pull requests to
make sure that they pass tests.

I've released version 5.4, which doesn't do anything other than update the
Vcs-* URLs to point to GitHub, make the examples build, and add the
autopkgtest. I'll plan to push Debian backports shortly to pick up the
changes since 5.1.2.

(Also, if anyone wants to contribute additional test cases, that would be
very welcome. Right now I just test that the examples build at all, but we
can do testing that they actually configure the right things, that the
CDBS and Debhelper versions behave identically, that upgrades from
debathena-bin-example 1.0 to 1.1 work, etc.)

--
Geoffrey Thomas
https://ldpreload.com
geofft at ldpreload.com