[config-package-dev] config-package-dev 5.2 for review

Jonathan Reed jdreed at mit.edu
Mon Jun 26 00:01:39 EDT 2017

(re-sending is simpler than trying to remember how to use mailman)

It looks reasonable from a functionality point of view, though I'm
confused about (the new) line 63 in check-files.mk.  In the event of a
local diversion, the package name is set to "x" -- is that just a
placeholder, or is its value checked anywhere?

A use case for the local diversion might be useful to document in the
man page, but I still don't fully understand the one offered with the
patch in the first place (though I admit to mostly skimming that
thread).

So, uh, somewhere between +0 and +1.

-Jon