[config-package-dev] config-package-dev for Gentoo Linux?

Benjamin Kaduk kaduk at MIT.EDU
Sat Jan 24 21:25:12 EST 2015

Hi Patrick,

I'm sorry that it took so long to reply to your question.

I don't think there's an analogue to config-package-dev for
Gentoo/portage, since it is closely intertwined with the dpkg feature
"diversions":
https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ap-pkg-diversions.html

I don't see anything similar in the portage documentation -- portage seems
to be more focused on giving control of the programs' compilation, with
less of a feature set in the management of binary packages.

-Ben Kaduk