[config-package-dev] transform

Patrick Schleizer adrelanos at riseup.net
Thu Mar 13 17:42:39 EDT 2014

Hi!

At the moment as I understand it:
- config file to be transformed should be available at package build
time (provided by original package)
- transformation script is applied at package build time
- when upstream releases a new config file, these changes won't be
included in the transformed config as long as the config package does
not get upgraded
- disadvantage: to be transformed package is a build dependency
- disadvantage: config package must be updated every time upstream
releases a new config that should be applied as well

Wouldn't it be better to just apply the patch every time upstream
releases a new config file?

In my case, I only wish to append a few lines below in the config of
what upstream does above.

Cheers,
Patrick