[config-package-dev] migration of diverted files from one package to another?

Lukas Anzinger l.anzinger at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 15:09:35 EST 2014

Hi,

while I haven't tried it, I think it would be sufficient to just move
the *.displace file from the old source package to the new one.
Additionally you will need a versioned conflict and replace, see also
https://wiki.debian.org/Renaming_a_Package. The postrm script of the
old package cleans up the symlink during upgrades before the new
packages creates the new one. The conffiles are left alone by
config-package-dev and handled solely by dpkg.

Regards,

Lukas