[config-package-dev] config-package-dev with debhelper support on Debian Wheezy?

Jonathan Reed jdreed at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 8 10:24:33 EDT 2013

Hi Adrelanos,

config-package-dev 5.1.1 (in jessie and sid) should work just fine in any distribution that has debhelper 7.0 (7.0.50 if you want override targets) or newer.  We use it without issue on Squeeze and Wheezy, as well as Ubuntu going back as far as Lucid.   We provide config-package-dev 5.1.1 for all current Ubuntu and Debian distributions in the MIT Debathena APT repository.  While it is primarily aimed at members of the MIT Community, anyone can use our APT repository.  Follow steps 1 and 2 in our manual installation instructions (http://debathena.mit.edu/advanced-installation#manual), and then you should be able to "apt-get install config-package-dev".  You'll also receive any updates we push out to config-package-dev, though we do usually push our changes to Debian testing in a timely manner.

Jonathan Reed
for the config-package-dev team