[catsoop-users] 500 error on save (highlander 2022.9.1)

adam j hartz hz at mit.edu
Mon Jan 30 09:25:06 EST 2023

Hi Tess,

Thanks for reaching out.

> I get a 500 error when trying to save on pythoncode question.

This is a known issue (same thing as [1]).  Should be an easy fix; I'll
see if I can get to it today, and I can try to see about pushing a new
release sometime this week, though no guarantees there.

[1] https://catsoop.org/git/catsoop/catsoop/issues/44

> How do I [...] fix this

As far as I can tell, this requires a change in catsoop itself; it's a
holdover bug from some changes to logging last January.  Not many people
use the "Save" button so it hasn't come up very often.

> or [...] remove the save button for python code questions.
> csq_allow_save = False does not seem to effect this.

csq_allow_save = False is the right incantation there.  The way things
are currently set up, nothing will ever remove those buttons from the
staff view, but if you view the page as a student (?as_role=Student in
the URL) or change yourself to be a student, you should no longer see
the save button.

Hope this helps!  If other stuff comes up, let me know.

Thanks,
-Adam