[catsoop-users] Upcoming CAT-SOOP LTS Release

adam j hartz hz at mit.edu
Fri Aug 20 11:53:55 EDT 2021

Hi All,

I'm writing to let you know that catsoop version 2021.9 ("Foldex") is
going to be released on 1 September 2021.  This will be a new long-term
stable release and, as such, will be supported for two years.  Also,
with this release, support for v2019.9 and for v2021.2 will be dropped.

This is a big release, and some of the changes are not compatible with
older versions of catsoop.  I wanted to let you know about these changes
before the start of MIT's fall term so that there is time to upgrade and
to troubleshoot before then.  This morning I made a post to the catsoop
forum about the big changes, and about how you can safely update (either
from the last LTS release, or from the most recent regular release).  So
please give that post a look for the details:
    https://catsoop.mit.edu/community/t/upcoming-cat-soop-lts-release/551

Of course, if you have any questions or encounter any issues, please let
me know, and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks,
-Adam