[ASA-Official] Summer LEF/ARCADE Application | Spring Re-recognition | Early Returns Form

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Sat Jun 3 00:12:08 EDT 2023

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   Summer LEF/ARCADE Application

  *   Spring Re-Recognition

  *   Early Returns Form

________________________________

Summer LEF/ARCADE Application

Summer LEF/ARCADE applications <https://cglink.me/2cy/s395> are now open and due Thursday June 8th. This cycle covers events from July - September. No extension will be allowed unless there is an extenuating circumstance.

Please review the funding guidelines <https://asa.mit.edu/lefarcade-descriptions-guidelines> before applying. ASA has voted to make several changes to the funding guidelines, including funding priority and restrictions on fundable items. In addition, please consider applying for other funding sources <https://asa.mit.edu/group-resources/group-funding> as we expect that LEF/ARCADE will be very competitive.

________________________________

Spring Re-Recognition

In light of several groups missing the deadline to submit their officer and member forms for spring re-recognition, we are extending the deadline for the final time to midnight on Friday June 9th. As a reminder, the original instructions are below, but please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. That being said, there will be no further extensions without prior communications, so we implore you to handle this immediately if necessary.

Groups recognized for the first time this semester, Club Sports, FSILG groups, and Edgerton Groups are not required to complete the re-recognition process. Otherwise, your group will be required to complete re-recognition. Please read through and complete each of the following steps for your group.

Step 1 - Officer Response: The group president, or other officer, fills out the Engage form found here: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s391>. The officer must confirm that the group will not discriminate following MIT’s non-discrimination policy, agree to the MA state anti-hazing laws, confirm and define their group membership, and upload a copy of their constitution to both the form and their club’s page on Engage.

If you are an officer of multiple groups, you will need to complete the form multiple times. Only one response per group is required. If your group does not appear in the dropdown and is required to complete re-recognition, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu<mailto:asa-groups at mit.edu>>.

Step 2 - Member Response: Distribute the following Engage form to your members, and have at least five current MIT student members confirm their membership in your group by completing this form: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s392>. Students that are members of multiple groups will need to complete the form individually for each club.

Early Returns Form

If your group would like to have a booth at the Fall Activities Midway and is unable to do so because none of your members can be on campus, a limited number of members can apply for an early return. Please note that if these members receive early returns and then do not show up at Midway, their groups will be fined.

The early return will allow them to move into on-campus housing on Thursday, August 31 instead of Friday, September 1. Anyone requesting this early return should fill out the form at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s360>. In addition, their group must complete the group sponsorship form at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s393>. The deadline for both of these forms is Sunday, July 16 at 11:59 PM ET.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>