[ASA-Official] GBM Makeup | Spring Re-recognition | W20 Closure Storage | Early Returns | Postering

Jessica Giang jgiang at mit.edu
Tue May 2 15:44:47 EDT 2023

Dear Student Group Leaders,

Please read the following announcements carefully:

  *   GBM Makeup

  *   Spring Re-recognition

  *   Accessible Storage Access for Student Center Closure

  *   Early Returns Form

  *   Postering Fine

________________________________

GBM Makeup

If you were not in attendance at the ASA Spring GBM, you must complete this quiz to receive credit for your group. The minutes and slides from the GBM are linked at the top of the quiz.

If you fail to do this, your group will be fined $25 by the ASA. A link to the quiz is here: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s373>. The deadline to complete this quiz has been extended by two days to 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, May 4.

________________________________

Spring Re-recognition

The Spring Re-recognition cycle is now open, and is due Friday, May 19th at 11:59 PM ET.

Groups recognized for the first time this semester, Club Sports, FSILG groups and Student Governments are not required to complete the re-recognition process. Otherwise, your group will be required to complete re-recognition. Please read through and complete each of the following steps for your group.

Step 1 - Officer Response: The group president, or other officer, fills out the Engage form found here: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s391>.

The officer must confirm that the group will not discriminate following MIT’s non-discrimination policy, agree to the MA state anti-hazing laws, confirm and define their group membership, and upload a copy of their constitution to both the form and their club’s page on Engage.

If you are an officer of multiple groups, you will need to complete the form multiple times. Only one response per group is required.

If your group does not appear in the dropdown, and is required to complete re-recognition, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu>.

Step 2 - Member Response: Distribute the following Engage form to your members, and have at least five current MIT student members confirm their membership in your group by completing this form: <https://cglink.me/2cy/s392>.

Students that are members of multiple groups will need to complete the form individually for each club.

The deadline to complete both steps of this process is Friday, May 19th at 11:59 PM ET. Groups with late submissions will be penalized with fines unless late due to extenuating circumstances, which should be shared before the deadline, and will be suspended and/or derecognized if re-recognition is not completed at all.

To ensure groups are aware of their status in the completion of steps, we will be posting a running update on groups’ completion of re-recognition on our website: <https://asa.mit.edu/start-group/spring-re-recognition>. This will be updated every few days for the first week, and more frequently as we approach the deadline. If you have questions about this process, please email <asa-groups at mit.edu>.

________________________________

Accessible Storage Access for Student Center Closure

Groups that put items into boxes labeled as accessible storage during the Student Center move out should have received information about how and where to access their items. If your group has not received this, please contact SOLE <sole at mit.edu> for more information.

________________________________

Early Returns Form

If your group would like to have a booth at the Fall Activities Midway but is unable to do so because none of your members can be on campus, a limited number of members can apply for an early return. If these members get early returns and then do not show up at Midway, their groups will be fined.

The early return will allow them to move into on-campus housing on Thursday, August 31 instead of Friday, September 1. Anyone requesting this early return should fill out the form at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s360>. In addition, their group must complete the group sponsorship form at <https://cglink.me/2cy/s393>. The deadline for both of these forms is Sunday, July 16 at 11:59 PM ET.

​​

Postering Fine

The ASA will start regularly enforcing the postering rules listed in full on our website <https://asa.mit.edu/advertisingpublicity/public-advertising-space> again. This includes a fine structure for postering violations. Note that, in addition to covering all ASA postering boards, the ASA postering rules also cover ASA-recognized groups postering on non-ASA spaces. Additionally, note that groups with private boards may be fined for not keeping their boards filled.

Please feel free to email <asa-exec at mit.edu> with any requests, questions, or other inquiries.

Sincerely,

The ASA Executive Board

<http://web.mit.edu/asa/about/board-members.html<https://owa.exchange.mit.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=yJZiAshjpbls53XEeUTtaeG7QyQZOrRww1ynwDsXIq7mEiCV5MHWCA..&URL=http%3a%2f%2fweb.mit.edu%2fasa%2fabout%2fboard-members.html>>